[cups-devel] systemd unit files and service names

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Oct 13 16:28:44 PDT 2014

We (Apple) chose the current naming because it is consistent with how on-demand launching of cupsd and cups-lpd is done on Solaris and OS X.  I understand that asking administrators to type an extra 10 characters is a terrible hardship, but this is not something that is frequently typed and I prefer consistency over convenience.

Also, depending on how we fix the systemd sharing issue (STR #4497) we may have to enable/disable different org.cups.cupsd.socket files depending on the current configuration...