[cups] AirPrint on Linux not on OSX

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Sep 1 14:47:08 PDT 2014

Sy,

Mac OS X naturally supports Bonjour for printing - in fact, that's where Bonjour was first used.

Please do not confuse a third-party addition to CUPS that allows Bonjour shared printers on Linux to be used from iOS with AirPrint - CUPS lacks some fundamental AirPrint features such as ready media reporting, and your experiences with that third party add on will vary widely based on the printer and driver being used. That is why "AirPrint sharing" is not supported by Apple (on any platform).

Sent from my iPad