[cups] cups 1.7.5 on Debian Systems : I can't see printers shared on a other network

Yann COHEN yann at ianco.org
Tue Sep 16 23:32:50 PDT 2014

Hello,

First of all, i introduce myself : I am a linux user from more than 10
years and I always use cups on my domestic network.

Today, i meet a new issue : I want to "see" printers hosted on a cups
server which is over a VPN on a other lan.

On my lan, I configured a 1.5 cups server which see the over vpn
printers and share then on the lan. I can see the IPP requests with a
TCP sniffer (wireshark) for all printers (local and remote) but my
workstation only proposes the local ones.

I used the following command on my workstation but unsuccessfully.

cupsctl --share-printers --remote-any

unfortunately, i don't know with configuration files have been
impacted...

I think I missed an configuration but i don't find which one.

Where can I find information for solve my "little" issue ?

Best regards.

Yann.