[cups] question about profile/driver

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Mon Sep 29 04:14:14 PDT 2014

I've been printing on an Epson 3880 (CUPS+gutenprint driver) since more
than a year with an home made ICC profile on a GNU/Debian sid machine.

Today I have found that my pictures where not correct regarding color
rendering. After checking again and again all my parameters I have
decided to print my 3 color charts to recalibrate and indeed the colors
are not identical (more saturated, but not uniformly the blue and red
seems more saturated) than in my first charts that I had kept around.

I'm currently using CUPS 1.7.5 and Gutenprint 5.2.10.

So, my question... Is this expected? Does some color rendering have been
changed recently on the driver?

Any hints?

Regards,

PS: I'm ok to recalibrate, I just wanted to raise this issue to be sure
this is expected and there is not something more fishy (bug?) around.

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B