[cups] CUPS printing problems with 'Fit to Page Size'

Bernard bdebreil at teaser.fr
Mon Apr 27 16:16:59 PDT 2015

Helge Blischke wrote:
> To get back to the old behavior, supply one of the options
> "nofitplot" "filplot=Off", "nofit-to-page", or "fit-to-page=Off".
>
> (from the README file).
>
> Please try one of the options listed in the last line of the above
> text snippet
> and tell if it then works as you expected.
>
> Helge
I did the test : it works, it does, in fact, with any of the four options.

So my problem is solved as far as image printing is concerned. However,
for some reason that I don't understand, this driver still behaves
strangely in printing sheets from LibreOffice Calc: only part of the
sheet is being printed and it goes up to paper size in one direction...
just as it acted before.

For the time being, I have found a way to get through this: I have
installed two 'printers' using the same hardware, one uses 'hpcups
3.14.3', the other uses 'CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.10-pre2' ; I select the
first one for LibreOffice Calc and texts and it works perfectly for that
purpose ; I select the second one for image printing since it offers a
lot more many options and gives good photographs on Epson 'glossy' paper.

As for my earlier problem printing images with the Gutenprint driver, I
should have read the 'README file !

Thanks for your help

Bernard7895