[cups] Custom backend with fork()

Justin Killen jkillen at allamericanasphalt.com
Wed Apr 29 10:04:10 PDT 2015

Thanks Michael - I think that is exactly what I'm looking for.

To address some of the other responses, I feel I should clarify - in this situation, there is no physical printer device.  Lpr is simply used as a transport to get a file to the server and run a program against that file - more like an inetd type service.

-Justin