[cups] Connecting to Sharp LPR printserver

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Mon Aug 3 01:57:57 PDT 2015

Hello,

On Jul 31 19:50 Michael Below wrote (excerpt):
> When I try to use the socket I am getting a different error message:
>
> D [31/Jul/2015:19:44:01 +0200] [Job 95]
>  Connection error: Transport endpoint is not connected
> E [31/Jul/2015:19:44:01 +0200] [Job 95]
>  Der Drucker antwortet nicht

You need to find out why your printer device does not
accept connection attempts from the CUPS backends or
from the host where the CUPS backends run and then
you have to adapt the printer device internal settings.

For debugging why your printer device does not accept
connections the following might perhaps help you a bit:
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Printing_via_TCP/IP_network

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)