[cups] usb backend finds printer but lpinfo not

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Thu Aug 6 15:35:18 PDT 2015

Markus Klösges wrote:

> my Samsung CLP 365 used to work without problems but is now listed as
> "Waiting for printer to become available." at the queued jobs. I can't
> get it back to work.

I don't have anthing useful to add, but I was interested to read your story
as I have a CLP 325 which has also stopped working, under CentOS.
I think it stopped when I upgraded from CentOS 6 to CentOS 7.

It actually says it has printed a document, but nothing comes out.

It works fine under Windows, and I've decided rather lazily
that it is easier to use it under Windows than it is to work out
the problem with Linux.
But I'll follow your tests, and see what comes out.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net