[cups] Print job inverts colours halfway

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 20:07:32 PDT 2015

Hi,

On 8/13/15, Helge Blischke <helgeblischke at web.de> wrote:
> Thanks for the PS file. The strange thing is that the text part has been
> converted
> to an image. That leads me to the suspicion that the requested font,
> Courier,
> which is not embedded in the PDF, is supplied by your system in a format the
> popper based pdftops utility cannot convert to a PostScript font and thus
> renders
> the text block as an image.

Does this mean that if I would to avoid using Courier in the document,
this problem will not happen?

> Googling for this filter, I found some entries stating that the 64-bit
> implementation of this
> filter has several issues (none seems to know the cause), but the 32-bit
> implementation
> should work, which you probably had on your previous CentOS 6 system.

I'll check when I get back to the site again, there is still another
C6 system there which prints fine. This does remind me that the Canon
driver did ask for some i686 libraries such as beecrypt which is not
available on C7 but it appeared to print OK previously on my C7 laptop
so I ignored it subsequently.

> As I don’t think you’ll get support from Canon in reasonable time, I’d
> subset to
> install the 32-bit version of this filter. You probably need to install
> additional 32-bit support
> libraries (if not already present) – at least I found respective hints
> regarding Ubuntu distros.
>
> An alternative could be to install the set of the „35 base fonts“ as Type1
> or TTF fonts
> but that would require to be compatible with your fontconfig system.
>
> If you have Ghostscript installed (copiled with the configure option
> „—disable-compile-inits“),
> you may use the URW font collection that comes with Ghostscript (or you
> could download
> this collection from Ghostscript’s download site).
>
> I hope this helps at least to some extend. Please let me know about your
> progress.

Will do once I can, thanks for the help.