[cups] Cups version 2.0.X versus 1.4.2

David Collins david_collins60 at outlook.com
Fri Aug 28 12:28:37 PDT 2015

I have a couple of question of interest in Versions and production stability

#1.  (Versions Question)  Currently we support a large number of printers in our environment/cups 1.4.2/Redhat 6.4/x64/4 cpus/32gb memory.  The current cupsd load is low on the server.  We are going to be moving the cups environment onto a new server.  I’m wondering if there is anything we need to be aware moving to version 2.0.4?  Is this a stable and reliable version?  Thoughts ?