[cups] Checking the CUPS basics

Young Sun Song yssong66 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 13:42:47 PST 2015

Hi,

I have a Windows print server with the proper print driver loaded and it
works fine to print to my printer.

If I want my CUPS server to simply pass my print job to the Windows print
server so that it can process it, what should I do?

Maybe adding the printer using LPD://printserver:9100 with raw or generic
driver?

My CUPS server doesn't have the proper print driver installed because the
printer vendor doesn't make UNIX print driver.

My printer is a Zebra label printer that understands only ZPL or EPL.

Thank you for your help in advance.

- Young