[cups] Printing from 1.7 to 2.1 failing with Unrecoverable error

Kai Hendry hendry at webconverger.com
Sun Dec 6 21:47:54 PST 2015

Hi there,

I'm printing from 1.7.5-11+deb8u1 (Debian Jessie) using
drv:///sample.drv/generpcl.ppd to my Archlinux server running 2.1.2-1
running cups-pdf and it fails. When I print from the server from the
same browser/page it works fine.

I swear this used to work and the only thing I think has changed is the
server. I can print from the client via
http://arch:631/printers/Virtual_PDF_Printer i.e. a test page fine. But
when I dispatch jobs they fail. The local error log doesn't seem to
indicate anything has failed. However on my server I see "Filter
failed".

Here is the log: http://s.natalian.org/2015-12-07/filter-failed.txt
Here's the same task with LogLevel Debug
http://s.natalian.org/2015-12-07/filter-failed-debug.txt

The issue seems: "GPL Ghostscript 9.18: Unrecoverable error, exit code
1"

But I don't know where to go from there. Any clues to debug?

Many thanks,