[cups] CUPS 1.7.5 "Waiting for printer to finish"

Haines, Brandan BAHaines at cooperstandard.com
Mon Dec 14 06:52:28 PST 2015

Guys:

I "cutover" to CUPS 1.7.5 yesterday.  After the cutover, I've had a few printers that get "stuck" in "Waiting for printer to finish".  The job just sits there in that status forever.  We had two that I was able to fix my moving the jobs out, then deleting/recreating the queue; but now I have a few more that are doing it.

Is there somewhere in the cupsd.conf that I can tell it to do this "faster" or timeout on it if it gets stuck (so things don't just sit there)?

-Brandan

This e-mail message is confidential and is intended only for the person(s) named above. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete/remove it from your computer system. Any reading, distribution, printing or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited if you are not the intended recipient of this message. Neither this information block, the typed name of the sender, nor anything else in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.