[cups] Cut paper

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Tue Dec 15 03:46:04 PST 2015

> Am 15.12.2015 um 11:32 schrieb Simon Hausdorf <info at shausdorf.de>:
>
> I am running CUPS on a Mac (2.1).
> I have added the gstoraster filter to "/usr/libexec/cups/filter"
> and in my ppd file I have added this line:
>
> *cupsFilter: "application/pdf application/vnd.cups-raster 30 gstoraster"
>
> I have tried it also with "application/postscript"
>
> but the Zebra does not print anymore.

you need to add (a) conversion rule(s):

application/pdf			application/vnd.cups-raster	30	gstoraster
application/postscript	application/vnd.cups-raster	30	gstoraster

into a file, say, local.convs, and put it into /private/etc/cups (as, on Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan),
which I suppose you are using (as of Cupt 2.1), /usr and most of its sub directories are
forbidden to write on).
Note that the cost (30 in the above example) is less that the default cost (100) in the file
/usr/share/cups/mime/apple.convs .

The PPD should have the line

*cupsFilter: "application/vnd.cups-raster		50	rastertolabel"

Helge

PS: If more debug information is needed, execute
cupsctl —debug-logging
print a file to your zebra printer (preferably from the command line, so you know the job ID),
and post the result of
grep 'Job xxx‘ /var/log/cups/error_log
(where xxx is the job-ID) in order to know what filters are called.