[cups] Print with ICC-profile from command line, using lpr / OSX. Impossible?

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Dec 15 08:50:44 PST 2015

Erik,

Sadly, no.  The device profile is embedded in the PDF created by an OS X application (or the pstopdf filter) - PDFs submitted directly use the default color profile from the PPD (using the various options to pick the profile) *or* the hand-off space specified by the APDefaultCustomColorMatchingProfile keyword (GenericRGB, sRGB (default), or AdobeRGB).

There are a lot of good reasons why this is so (not the least of which is security) and we have no plans to change it.