[cups] How to find a PPD for an HP printer?

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Mon Feb 9 01:01:27 PST 2015

Hello,

only a side note

On Feb 8 08:28 Alan McConnell wrote (excerpt):
> As a couple of people advised,
> I went to my local Staples and bought an HP.
> HP Laserjet Pro MPP M127fn

On
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/supported_devices/combined.html
I cannot find a "HP Laserjet Pro MPP M127fn" but
I can find a "HP LaserJet Pro MFP m127fn"
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/laserjet/hp_laserjet_pro_mfp_m127fn.html
and this one "REQUIRES a downloadable driver plug-in".

If you really have a "HP LaserJet Pro MFP m127fn"
it is the opposite of what at least I had advised
in my former mail here (excerpt):