[cups] cups 2.0.2 / cups-filters-1.0.62 && printing UTF-8 text files

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Thu Feb 12 01:40:11 PST 2015

I’m – currently not with too much effort – doing a redesign of the txttops filter
which implements a direct UTF8 text rendering in PostScript using the
GNU FreeFont (see www.gnu.org/software/freefont <http://www.gnu.org/software/freefont> for details and supported
writing systems).
Currently, I’m thinking about how to rewrite the current texttops’ syntax
handling (e.g. by incorporating the vim syntax files).
But, if you badly need a solution, I could push up a „beta version“ without
the syntax gimmicks in about two weeks or so. Let me know if that would be
a solution for you.
The technical requirements are a Perl interpreter (5.8.3 or newer) and a fairly
recent version of Ghostscript (for font subsetting, as the complete GNU FreeFont is
fairly large).

Helge