[cups] cups 2.0.2 / cups-filters-1.0.62 && printing UTF-8 text files

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Feb 12 03:03:56 PST 2015

Hello,

an addendum

On Feb 12 11:52 Johannes Meixner wrote (excerpt):
> On my SLE11 and openSUSE 13.2 systems pdftops is not provided
> by cups-filters but as /usr/bin/pdftops by the poppler-tools RPM.

Of course cups-filters provides /usr/lib/cups/filter/pdftops
but that one is not an actual PDF to Postscript converter
but only a wrapper (meant to be called only by the cupsd)
that calls the actual system's PDF to Postscript converter
like /usr/bin/pdftops or /usr/bin/pdf2ps or whatever.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE LINUX GmbH - GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild,
Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)