[cups] Using the new IPP Everywhere PPD generator with cups-browsed

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Feb 13 04:13:49 PST 2015

cupsGetServerPPD has no parameter to specify the URI of the printer, which is necessary to generate the PPD.  Conceptually we might be able to support IPP/IPPS URIs ("ipp://ip-or-hostname/..." and "ipps://ip-or-hostname") however there is also the issue of support files (icons, message catalogs, etc.) that have yet to be addressed.