[cups] custom own filter for specifuc queue only

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Feb 19 04:20:20 PST 2015

Hello,

On Feb 19 11:45 Istvan Gabor wrote (excerpt):

[from a former mail]
> cups 1.5.3 in openSUSE 12.2
> I have made a custom cups filter by modifying cups mime.types
> and mime.convs files and making a filter script. Now the filter
> affect to all files belonging to the specified mime type
> printed at all printer queues. How can I restrict the filter
> to a specific printer queue?

The basic idea to get something specific for a print queue is
to not define it via general config files (like mime.types
and mime.convs) that affect all print jobs or all print queues
but instead to define it via print queue specific config files.

For usual print queues the PPD file /etc/cups/<queue_name>.ppd
is the only print queue specific config file that looks
appropriate for such a task.

Only an untested blind proposal:

Perhaps one can create print queue specific filtering rules
via the cupsFilter2 keyword in the PPD file, see
http://cups.org/documentation.php/doc-1.5/spec-ppd.html

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE LINUX GmbH - GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild,
Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)