[cups] custom own filter for specifuc queue only

Istvan Gabor suseuser04 at freemail.hu
Thu Feb 19 07:32:22 PST 2015

Johannes Meixner írta:

>Hello,
>
>On Feb 19 13:20 Johannes Meixner wrote (excerpt):
>> Perhaps one can create print queue specific filtering rules
>> via the cupsFilter2 keyword in the PPD file, see
>> http://cups.org/documentation.php/doc-1.5/spec-ppd.html
>
>It works only to a certain extent.
>
>Basically it seems you cannot do pre-filtering via cupsFilter2
>but only define the last filtering step that results the
>printer's native data format as described in
>http://cups.org/documentation.php/doc-1.5/spec-ppd.html#cupsFilter2
>
>What I did on openSUSE 13.2 with CUPS 1.5.4:

[long snip]

Thanks for the detailed example. I will try it.
There is a cupsPreFilter option mentioned in the referred docoument:

http://cups.org/documentation.php/doc-1.5/spec-ppd.html#cupsPreFilter

"The pre-filter program will be inserted in the conversion chain immediately before the filter that accepts the given MIME type."

Have you only missed this one or it cannot be used?

I will give a try to this first.

Thanks,

Istvan