[cups] Acquire paper and tray info

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at email.unc.edu
Wed Jan 21 09:46:21 PST 2015

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015, Johannes Meixner wrote:

> <ESC>%-12345X at PJL
> @PJL SET USERMEDIANAME="DV02"
> @PJL ENTER LANGUAGE = POSTSCRIPT
> %!
> /Helvetica findfont 20 scalefont setfont
> 100 200 moveto
> (Hello) show
> showpage
> <EOT>
> <ESC>%-12345X

Hello Johannes,
  This (with slight modifcations) worked! Thanks! Today, the print spooler
I'm trying to replace failed again and I sent some jobs to the printer and
they called out the DV02 form! Great!

Alas, they printed in duplex and I need it to be simplex...

So, looking around online, I came up with this modification to the
interfaces script:

# PJL init: single-sided
echo -en '\033%l0S'
# PJL init: Send "Universal Exit Language" command
echo -en '\033%-12345X'

but it didn't seem to work. Since the printer is a raw queue, there's no
PPD file and lpoptions is of no use.  Does anyone know the correct PCL
syntax for calling out simplex printing?

Thanks for any help,

Paul Mitchell

         Paul Mitchell
 	ITS Systems
         email: pmitchel at email.unc.edu
 	location: 440 Franklin, cubby 1512, CB#1150
 	desk phone: 919 445-0063