[cups] Acquire paper and tray info

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Thu Jan 22 10:08:43 PST 2015

I just installed this type of printer (as a fake printer using a preview backend) on Mac OS X (10.5.8) and discovered two things:
(1) the Duplex attribute is *not* set by PJL commands but by  PostScript code:
[{
%%BeginFeature: *KODuplerx False
SHKMFeatures /SHKMDuplex false put
%%EndFeatire
} stopped cleartomark
(2) Duplex or not seems only to be selectable by setting the printer defaults (at least
when using CUPS as the spooler); setting this by job attributes is completely ignored.

I guess this issue is due to the fact that duplexing by PS code is specified by a name
proprietary to Konica Minolta – KODuplex in this case, which, I guess, is not known
by the Windows driver as well.

Helge