[cups] Leitz ICON printer

Willy Offermans Willy at Offermans.Rompen.nl
Thu Jan 29 07:56:35 PST 2015

Dear CUPS friends,

We purchased a new label printer. It is a Leitz ICON printer. It is
accompanied by some software to print labels. We would like to include the
printer into the CUPS system. However, if the software is started, then it
starts communicating directly with the printer. This will of course not
work with CUPS, isn't it? I guess the software needs either a USB interface
or IP address to communicate with the printer. Is there a way to make this
printer and software working under CUPS? Can CUPS receive requests from
software and delegate it to the printer and redirect the response or should
this work in a different way?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,