[cups] Opening Cash Drawer attached with Printer on CUPS

Rahul Bhooteshwar rahul.bhooteshwar at hotwaxsystems.com
Wed Jul 1 06:34:31 PDT 2015

Hello All,
I am working on some kind of POC related to CUPS printing, where I am using
*CUPS4J* API in my Java Application to submit print jobs to printers
configured on CUPS. I would like to control the cash drawer (attached with
printer) as well using CUPS.  Like I would like to open cash drawer on
demand irrespective of the fact *whether I am printing something or not*.

I know that we have to send some sort of codes to open cash drawer, but how
we will proceed for that using CUPS printing jobs that are generated using
CUPS4J.
Any help??

Thanks and Regards,
Rahul Bhooteshwar