[cups] Installation help

Vince Radice vhradice at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jul 6 22:01:55 PDT 2015

I am having a problem with cups.  I am running Fedora 21 64 bit on
several computers in my home network one of which has a laser printer I
want to use from the other printers.  I am running CUPS 1.7.5 on all of
them.  In going through searching I noticed that there is a new version
- 2.0.3 - available.  It is not available using yum.  I downloaded the
software.  I ran .configure and make. This seemd to work.  However when
I went to the cups admin page using Firefox (localhost:631) it showed
version 1.7.5.  Not being an expert on Linux, I remember that sometimes
'make install' is required.  Tried this and received these errors:
Makefile :116 recipe for target 'install-data' failed
Makefile :182 recipe for target 'install-data' failed

How do I get the new version installed?

Please be gentle and specific.  I run Fedora but I am not an expert on
Linux.

Thanks in advance.

Vince Radice

p.s. Will version 2.0.3 be put in the Fedora repository at some point?