[cups] Instructions for installing /printers/<queue name>.ppd-based printer on Windows?

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Tue Jul 14 12:43:20 PDT 2015

A couple of years ago, I wrote a Perl script and a support module that modifies a PPD for use in Windows
and generates an appropriate .INF file to use as a replacement for cupsaddsmb.
That utility has been written for use with Windows-XP and still refers to the CUPS6xxx DLLs developed by
Michael Sweet at that time.

I didn’t take any pains to adapt this to Windows 7 or 8.1, but if you dare do do the adaptions by yourself,
let me know (helgeblischke at web dot de), and I’ll send it to you. There is a manual as well, but is written
in German only.

Helge