[cups] Determine the correct IPP URI

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 07:17:33 PDT 2015

Hi,

How can I find the proper IPP URI for a network printer? I know that if
I'm reaching  a CUPS print server that would be easy
(ipp://IPADDRESS/printers/PRINTERNAME) but what if it's just a real
printer (with IPP enabled).  Is it just trial & error?

ipp://IPaddress  (with no path)
ipp://IPaddress/ipp
etc...?

I tried to configure a Xerox D125 via IPP (with many possible URIs) but
couldn't so I had to use "socket".  I'm done with that printer but I'm
really curious if there's a way (a scanning tool or something) that
would provide the IPP URI for a given printer.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Jorge