[cups] Prints with PCL Commands in Body

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Fri Jun 5 09:47:47 PDT 2015

Raw printing means no content processing by cups at all, thus no printing options
are evaluated.
You could write an interface script (to be activated by lpadmin -i path_to_the_interface_script …)
or you configure the printer(s) as usual and specify the PDL to be used on the Oracle side.
If the report generator you are using is fairly recent, it permits to specify if the
print file should be output as PDF, PostScript (up to level 2) etc. This is what I’d propose to do.
See e.g.
Printing on UNIX with Oracle Reports <https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28640_01/doc/frs/reports/B14048_02/pbr_uxprt.htm>
on search.oracle.com <http://search.oracle.com/>.

Helge