[cups] Problem deleting old printer queues

Jim Anderson jim_anderson at jjajava.com
Fri Jun 26 10:40:10 PDT 2015

I am installing CUPS 1.4.4 on a linux system and having a problem with
permissions.

I bring up my browser and go to localhost:631 and the cups local page
comes up and shows version 1.4.4. I then click on the 'Administration'
tab and the administration page comes up as it should, except it shows 4
old printer queues that I had created on a different PC.

The current PC is on my local network and the cups installation area is
on the local network, not on the PC itself. The old PC also had CUPS
installed on the network. I suspect that my current installation is
picking up the old queues from the remnants of the old PC installation.

My problem is that I cannot delete these old queues. When I clink on a
link to one of the old queues and then select 'delete' from the
'Administration' drop down menu, my brower puts up a page that says
'forbidden'.

Can anyone suggest where I can look on my network to find and remove the
old queue information?

Jim Anderson