[cups] Upgrade from CUPS 1.5.3 to 2.0.3

Xiaolei Jin xiaolei at bilua.com
Tue Jun 30 08:37:39 PDT 2015

Hello,

I used to have CUPS 1.5.3 installed from Debian repositories and then I
decided to install CUPS 2.0.3 from source files.

When I tried to run CUPS server after correct installation, I got "cups:
unable to start scheduler.". After Googling and trying to uninstall CUPS
Debian repositories and install again, finally I got CUPS working again,
but don't know what version.

*cups-config --version* returns "2.0.3"
CUPS Web Interface home page says "1.5.3"
And any other page of Web Interface, header is "broken" (like no CSS) and
in the source code I can see "<title>Administration - CUPS 2.0.3</title>"

Do I have CUPS 2.0.3 or 1.5.3? There is any conflict between repositories
and source code? Now printers are working but if I try to print a test page
I get:

*Unsupported format "application/vnd.cups-banner"*

Thanks,

Xiaolei Jin