[cups] Difficulties with Canon Printer

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Thu Mar 26 13:42:59 PDT 2015

Alan,
the PDF is indeed a PDF-1.5 and crated by cairo. All the content
is stored as a single image (an X-object) with /Interpolate set to true.
Om my system (Mac OS X 10.10.2 and CUPS 2.0.0) it prints fine.

I suspect that your issue is due to some deficiency in one of the
filters used on your system, probably pdftopdf or pdftops.
To explore the issue further, please do the following:

–	cupsctl —debug-logging
	to turn on debug logging into the cups logging file
–	print the test PDF (the first page should be enough)
–	grep 'Job xxxx‘ /var/log/cups/error_log > some_temp_file
	where xxxx is the job ID of the test print
–	post (an URL to) the some_temp_file (or mail it directly to me
	if it is too long to be copied into the mail text).

That would give me the chance to dig more into the problem
(as I have the sources of the cups-filter pacage at hand).

Helge