[cups] Difficulties with Canon Printer

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Fri Mar 27 04:48:19 PDT 2015

Hello,

On Mar 27 12:13 Helge Blischke wrote (excerpt):
> It might be (at least there are some rumors on this) that the printer
> in question gets disturbed by a compressed pdf2write output from
> Ghostscript (some none-Adobe PS interpreters tend to fail on
> certain combinations of decompression and subfile-decode filters).

According to

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/black_white_laser_multifunction/imageclass_mf4770n#Specifications

the Canon imageCLASS MF4770n has the
"Printer Language   UFR II LT (Host-based)"

I think this is no PostScript printer but one that probably
is operated by using a non-free driver from Canon.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE LINUX GmbH - GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild,
Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)