[cups] Can't drive my epson L211 inkjet printer properly.

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Mar 31 02:06:43 PDT 2015

Hello,

Remember what I wrote initially:
> http://openprinting.org/printer/Epson/Epson-L210_Series

That reads "Recommended Driver: epson-201207w"
which leads to
http://openprinting.org/driver/epson-201207w
which reads:
Epson Inkjet Printer Driver for Linux
Supplier: Seiko Epson Corporation (printer manufacturer)
License: LGPL and SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
(non-free software,

This means when the issue is "inside" their driver, you can
only ask those who made that non-free software for help
i.e. you may have to ask "Seiko Epson Corporation" for help.

I think you should report to Seiko Epson Corporation that their
driver does not work for you on CentOS 6.6.

They made that driver and they are the only ones who can analyze
if the root cause is really inside their driver and if yes they
are the only ones who can fix their driver.

I asume Seiko Epson Corporation wants to provide a well working driver
and then they depend on user feedback when their driver does not work.

Right now I cannot find a support contact at Seiko Epson Corporation.
I don't know how you could report issues to them.

If Seiko Epson Corporation is really not interested in user feedback
regarding their own driver, I suggest to buy another printer from a
manufacturer who is actively supporting Linux users or to buy a printer
that does not depend on a particular driver for a particular operating
system, cf. https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Printer_buying_guide

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE LINUX GmbH - GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild,
Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)