[cups] Compiling CUPS for AIX?

Haines, Brandan BAHaines at cooperstandard.com
Wed May 20 10:33:33 PDT 2015

Michael and others:

I'm trying to install/compile/use CUPS 2.1 from the git repository.  I'm interested in testing/validating my reported bug (STR #4575) in my AIX environment.

I *think* I've managed to get everything correct, but "configure" and "make test" are returning errors and I'm stuck.

configure (snips)
checking for library containing acl_init... no
Warning: shared libraries may not be supported.  Trying -shared
         option with compiler.

make test (snip)
Making all in cups...
Linking libcups.so.2...
ld: 0706-005 Cannot find or open file: libcups.so.2
        ld:open(): No such file or directory
make: The error code from the last command is 1.

Is there any kind of "how to" or "whitepaper" or "instruction manual" on how to take the source and compile it/install it for my system (AIX 7100-03-03-1415) or can someone point me in a direction to at least get past/fix this "error"?

-Brandan

This e-mail message is confidential and is intended only for the person(s) named above. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete/remove it from your computer system. Any reading, distribution, printing or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited if you are not the intended recipient of this message. Neither this information block, the typed name of the sender, nor anything else in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.