[cups] cups 1.7.5 not working with Android Mopria client/app.

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed May 27 12:06:11 PDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-05-27 at 13:17 -0400, Michael Sweet wrote:
> Brian,

Hi Michael.  Thanks much for the response.  It was very informative but
raises another question or two...

> Unfortunately, Mopria is a closed organization and nobody here is likely to be able to answer your questions.

Ahhh.  OK.  I didn't know what, if any, collaboration was going on among
Mopria, IPP Everywhere and CUPS.

> You'd have to ask somebody at Mopria.

OK.  Will do.  Perhaps.  But it begs the question... Is there a better
tree than Mopria to be barking up to get Android (4.4+) support for
printing without using the vendor-specific providers?

I just want to be able to print from Android to my CUPS printer(s), no
matter what make/model they are and not wanting to have to switch apps
on Android every time I switch printers, and/or not having as many
printing providers on Android as I have printers and/or not having to
limit my printer purchasing choices to those that will work with the
vendor-provided printing services on Android.

Cheers,
b.