[cups] Cannot get CUPS up at localhost:631

Jim Anderson jim_anderson at jjajava.com
Sun May 31 11:52:12 PDT 2015

I am in the process of moving a Dell 1130 printer to a different host PC
on my local network.
The new host had CUPS 1.5.3 running. I tried getting the printer to
work, but was not successful.
Before looking for help here, I decided I would upgrade to CUPS 2.0.2 so
that cups is up to date
on my system.

I have downloaded, untarred, configured and run make. 'Configure' and
'make' ran pretty fast but they
looked like they ran ok. However, when I ran 'make check', the output
raises questions in my mind.

I'm going back to square 1 and hopefully someone can walk with me
through the process of getting
CUPS running again.

I ran 'make clean' and now I am running 'configure' with the out put
directed to config.log (attached).
When I look at the log, I see a number of 'fatal' errors. Are there
really fatal errors? Do I need
to install more software on my linux system?

Jim A.