[cups] intall printer through cups

Haines, Brandan BAHaines at cooperstandard.com
Fri Nov 20 04:16:53 PST 2015

Faisal:

If I understand you correctly, you would putty into your server and want to create a printer without having access to the GUI web interface for CUPS.  If that is the case, the answer is: yes, you can do that with lpadmin.  Here is just one sample, of course, you can find more details on using lpadmin on cups.org or man lpadmin

lpadmin -p <printername> -E -v socket://<ipaddress>:9100 -L "<label>" -D "<description>" -m raw

-Brandan