[cups] User = lp; Pages= unknown, CUPS 1.7.5

Haines, Brandan BAHaines at cooperstandard.com
Fri Nov 20 08:33:02 PST 2015

Helge and others:

Thought I would let everyone know that comparing the logs gave me the clue I needed to fix this.  The answer was in cupsd.conf

#old cupsd.conf
<Limit Create-Job Print-Job Print-URI Validate-Job Close-Job CUPS-Get-Document>
   AuthType Default
   Order deny,allow
</Limit>

#new cupsd.conf
<Limit Print-Job Print-URI Validate-Job Close-Job CUPS-Get-Document>
   AuthType Default
   Order deny,allow
</Limit>
<Limit Create-Job>
   Order allow, deny
</Limit>

And now, when the job is created, it shows with the correct number of pages and as my user.

Thanks for the help!

-Brandan

This e-mail message is confidential and is intended only for the person(s) named above.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete/remove it from your computer system.  Any reading, distribution, printing or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited if you are not the intended recipient of this message.  Neither this information block, the typed name of the sender, nor anything else in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.