[cups] Performance pdf printing problem

L-M-J linuxmasterjedi at free.fr
Fri Nov 27 01:16:07 PST 2015

Hi,

  My production cups server runs cups 1.4 on rhel 64. A 400kB home generated pdf takes several minutes to print, the printer prints slowly page by page.
 Same OF on same printer via cups 1.7.5 64b Debian version prints under 10 seconds.

Other strange behavior : pdf2ps of this small pdf generate a 200MB file!

The problem is only a cups version ? Should I check how the OF is generated?
Any lead is welcome