[cups] Need help with a printer problem

Vince Radice vhradice at cfl.rr.com
Sat Oct 10 14:21:16 PDT 2015

Hello,

     I am having a problem printing over my local network.  The
configuration is 2 pcs both running Fedora 21 64 bit.  PC 1 has a
Brother L2360DW laser printer.  Both pcs are on the same network (ip
addresses 192.168.0.5 and 192.168.0.6).  If I try to print a document
from Adobe Reader from PC2, it does not print.  If I go to localhost:631
on PC2 and look at the Jobs tab and click Show all jobs the job shows
up.  If I then go to PC1 and localhost:631 there and go to the Jobs tab
and click Show all jobs, it shows up there also.  When I look at the
printer I can see the message Receiving data.  Nothing prints.  If I
then go to PC1 and open the same file there and try to print it, it
prints.  Is it possible to look at what is being sent to the printer in
both cases to find out what is different?

Thanks,
Vince Radice