[cups] How to enable AirPrint in CUPS

Håkon Alstadheim hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
Thu Oct 22 22:30:47 PDT 2015

Den 16. okt. 2015 17:34, skrev Nicolas Schmidt:
> Setting up AirPrint with CUPS shouldn’t be too hard. The steps will of course in part depend on the OS you’re on, but here’s how I did it on a freshly installed OpenBSD 5.7 machine.
Good answer snipped. Also works for Linux, exactly the same way. Similar
can be found with google. At least SOME versions of Debian do this
automatically, just install cups and avahi.

But -- like the man from Apple said -- this is a bare-bones solution.
You will often need a regular computer to handle printer settings and
watch for "out of paper" and the like. That said, this works very nicely
in most situations.