[cups] Windows printing from CUPS on Mac

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Fri Oct 23 07:00:14 PDT 2015

> Am 23.10.2015 um 14:18 schrieb Johannes Meixner <jsmeix at suse.de>:
>

> […]
>
> What about things like Windows PostScript printer driver output?
> Is there a generic way to distinguish printer-specific PostScript
> from not-yet-printer-specific PostScript?

Some time ago, I wrote a filter, winpstops, which does the following:
–	Sanitize DSC violations by the Windows Pscript5.DLL driver (as currently known
	from Win XP and Win 7)
–	Call the stops filter but suppress processing of PPD options (as these are supposed
	to be handled by the WIndows driver)
–	Tries to make sure the PJL commands match the respective statements of the
	printer’s PPD, replaces these by the PPD defined statements in case the CUPS
	printer seems different from the Windows printer (this is a highly experimental
	hack).
The convs rule then must lead to "application/vnd.cups-postscript“.

As this filter seems not to be universally valid to me, I didn’t publish it until now, but
could easily do this if requested.

Helge