[cups-devel] [ipptool] How do I retrieve the "-actual" job attributes with ipptool? (Syntax for *.test file)

pipitas pipitas at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 17:41:38 PDT 2015

I tried to retrieve some "-actual" job attributes with the help of ipptool.

Here is the syntax I used. I did not find an example in any other *.test
file for this, so I tried to write my own, based on how I understood the
IPP documentation I read (creating an additional "GROUP job-actual"):

        NAME "get-job-attributes"
       OPERATION get-job-attributes

        GROUP operation
        ATTR charset attributes-charset utf-8
        ATTR language attributes-natural-language en
        ATTR uri job-uri $uri

        GROUP job-actual
        ATTR charset attributes-charset utf-8
        ATTR language attributes-natural-language en
        ATTR integer number-up-actual
        ATTR enum finishings-actual

        STATUS successful-ok
        STATUS successful-ok-ignored-or-substituted-attributes

        DISPLAY job-uri
        DISPLAY job-state
        DISPLAY number-up
        DISPLAY number-up-actual
        DISPLAY finishings
        DISPLAY finishings-actual

However, I only get an error message stating "ipptool: Bad integer value
"ATTR" on line XXX".

Can ipptool even do what I'm trying?