[cups] Difficulties with printing music score .pdfs

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Tue Sep 1 07:47:39 PDT 2015

Alan, I recently was able to solve a similar problem with a Canon printer.
Please send me
a) the PDF which exhibits the issue to „helgeblischke at web dot de“,
(as the list strips off attachments),
b) an excerpt of the cups error_log containing the messages regarding to the job
(see below).

Helge

PS: to get the relevant messages, you may follow these steps:
1) execute cupsctl —error-logging
2) print the test file
3) execute grep 'Job xxx‘ /var/log/cups/error_log > some_temp_file
   (where xxx is the job ID of the test job).