[cups] Difficulties with printing music score .pdfs

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Fri Sep 4 03:33:32 PDT 2015

Hello

On Sep 3 15:04 Alan McConnell wrote (excerpt):
> On Tue, Sep 01, 2015 at 07:18:37PM +0200, Helge Blischke wrote:
>> I suspect that this is preserved in the PostScript stream to PDF
>> is converted to, and the proprietary Canon filter misinterprets this.
>
> Should I therefore report this to the Canon _printing_ support team?

I would recommed to do that.

FYI:

In my previous mail I wrote about "proprietary driver crap".
I think this could be misunderstood without explanation:

In general proprietary software is not crap only because
there is a bug in it. Also free software has bugs.

But what makes proprietary software crap in general is
that when there are issues with proprietary software,
nobody - except the authors or vendor of the proprietary
software - can provide real help because nobody - except
the authors or vendor - know how such software really works.

In other words:
I would have liked to provide real help but their proprietary
crap prevents it so that in the end their crap only had
wasted my time which made me somewhat upset.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)