[cups] Debugging "Unable to send data to printer."

Nicolas Schmidt schmidtn at math.hu-berlin.de
Mon Sep 28 02:12:56 PDT 2015

Thanks Johannes, that’s a really useful hint. In the meantime I found another work-around. After recompiling the kernel with the ulpt driver disabled, cups was able to print without any problems. Apparently libusb and ulpt should not be used both at the same time (although I’ve read that some people got cups to work with ulpt enabled, by adjusting file permissions, see here http://farid.hajji.name/blog/2010/02/02/printing-woes-on-freebsd-8-with-cups/). Wished this issue was mentioned e.g. in an install message for the cups package.

Kind regards,
Nicolas A. Schmidt