[cups] Problems with using /etc/cups/client.conf on 1.5 client to 1.7 server

Rich Lott itmanager at peopleandplanet.org
Tue Sep 29 04:04:50 PDT 2015

Hi

I have several Ubuntu machines on a network. One has a printer and all
the others have an |/etc/cups/client.conf| file that points them to this
box.

All was well until I upgraded the one that acts as a print server, which
upgraded CUPS from 1.5 to 1.7.

Now my client machines don't see any of the printers. (The upgraded
print machine has the printer shared, can print, is accessible over port
631 etc. - all seems well there.)

How can I get the client CUPS 1.5 machines to pass on stuff to the
upgraded server as was working before?

Thanks.

--
Rich Lott
IT Manager

Email       rich.lott at peopleandplanet.org
Direct Line 01865 264194
Phone       +44 (0)1865 264 180
Website     http://peopleandplanet.org
Twitter     http://twitter.com/peopleandplanet
Facebook    http://facebook.com/peopleandplanet
Address     People & Planet, 16-17 Turl Street Oxford OX1 3DH
People & Planet Student Activites Ltd. A charitable company.
Charity Commission 1140864 | OSCR SC043394 | English Company 06417846
People & Planet and its logo are registered trademarks.