[cups] manipulate ESC seq in cups filter

Douglas Kosovic doug at uq.edu.au
Fri Apr 1 18:51:02 PDT 2016

Hi Chris,

> You can give me a short Feedback, how to convert the following
> filetype, or how it is called.

I believe it is called ESC/P which is short for Epson Standard Code for Printers (and it is not just Epson that uses it).

> When I send this to any printer, I get a nice form on a paper :-)
>

> Here are the first lines of my printjob I need to convert to
> PostScript or pdf:
>
> ESCEESC(10UESC(s0p10.00h12.0v0s0b3TESC&k11.6HESC&l7.1C!R!PSRC1;EXIT;

You could try adapting filter_dotmatrix from PPR which converts ESC/P to Postscript:
  https://github.com/david672orford/PPR

An ESC/P question was posted to cups-devel in the past, see:
   http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.printing.cups.devel/3973

Cheers,
Doug