[cups] Genicom 4450XT

scott svetter at ameritech.net
Fri Apr 1 21:41:05 PDT 2016

   I have a Genicom 4450XT dot matrix printer which has been long out of
support.  It's still perfectly usable and need to use it periodically.
I've tried some of the generic printer definitions for it and even some
of the old dot matrix printer definitions with out the printer working
properly.  Is there some way I can create my own definition for it or do
you have a suggestion on what other definitions would work?

The emulations that this printer has is: ANSI Standard X3. 64-1979,
Printronix P Series, IBM Proprinter, and Dataproducts type protocols.

Should also mention that this printer would be used from OpenSuSE
Linux.  And this printer does not have the networking feature installed
so I have to use the parallel interface.

Thanks!

Scott